A Textile Traveler's Guide to Guatemala - Deborah Chandler
Be an informed traveler, and revel in the colorful, vibrant, ever-changing world of Guatemalan textiles!
Handmade textiles are central to the cultural wealth of Guatemala. Through textiles, you can gain insights into the history, traditions, and daily lifestyle of the Maya people of the highlands.
A Textile Travelers Guide to Guatemala will :
- lead you to the best native markets
- show you how to distinguish handmade from factory made
- help you understand how cloth is spun ,woven, dyed, embroidered, and more
- take you to interesting and little-know byways
- offer information on safe travel, places to stay, places to dine, ethical shopping