Amy Butler Patterns : In Town Bags
Smart Handbag and Drawstring Purse
For the Smart Handbag Finished Size: 10 1/2 in wide across the bottom x 6 intall plus the Handles x 2 1/2 in deep
Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
- 1/2 yard of 44 in wide light to mid-weight cotton for the Exterior
- 1/2 yard of 44 in wide light to mid-weight cotton for the Lining
- 1/4 yard of 22 in wide single-sided fusible Peltex by Pellon or a similar extra heavy stabilizer
- 1 yard of 20 in wide heavyweight sew-in interfacing (we use Pellon 50)
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (we use Coats Dual Duty XP)
- Optional Closure: 1 mid-size decorative button for the front closure
- 1 small decorative button for the back of the handbag
- 6 in of 1/4 in wide ribbon for the closure
For the Drawstring Purse Finished Size: 10 in wide x 10 in tall plus the Handles
From 44 in wide light to mid-weight fabric. Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
- 1/8 yard of a 1st coordinating fabric for the Handles and Drawstring
- 1/4 yard of a 2nd coordinating fabric for the Top Section
- 1/8 yard of a 3rd coordinating fabric for the Middle Section
- 1/4 yard of a 4th coordinating fabric for the Bottom Section
- 1/3 yard of a 5th coordinating fabric for the Lining
- 22 ineach of 2 different ribbons for detail on the outside of the bag.
- Scrap of fusible interfacing to back the buttonholes
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread
TOOLS NEEDED: Scissors, Straight pins, Yardstick or Ruler, Chalk pencil or Pencil, Iron and ironing board, Hand sewing needle, Pressing cloth, Seam ripper, Safety pin, Turning tool (such as a closed pair of scissors)